Boundaries in Relationships
Season 2 | Episode 8
How do you know when to establish a boundary in a relationship? And how do you communicate that boundary graciously? Pastors Irene & Jimmy Rollins join Pastors Todd & Julie for a rich conversation about how we can protect what’s most important by establishing guardrails in our lives and relationships.
So Good Moments:
- How the “three I’s” (intentionality, investment, and inspection) can change the dynamic of any relationship.
- The importance of defining your non-negotiables and communicating your needs with vulnerability.
- Why boundaries get confusing for Christians—and what the Bible says about them.
- What it looks like to communicate boundaries in a way that reflects the protection of your values rather than the rejection of the person.
- How being boundary-less led Irene to rock bottom and how rehab helped her take ownership of her life.
- How our emotions serve as an indicator that something in our life needs a guardrail.
Questions for Reflection:
- How did your perspective on boundaries change after hearing this episode?
- What emotions in your life might be indicators to protect what’s most important?
- Pastor Jimmy said, “I can’t give until I first guard.” What is it that you need to guard before you can give?
Jimmy & Irene’s Ministry: Two Equals One